Monday, May 15, 2017

Farewell

As my time comes nearing it's end, I reflect

So many great memories, too little time and something I learned

The Saguaro Cactus


Takes a long time to grow, first 8 years 1-1.5 inches

35 years before it's first flower

Usually 50-75 years before it grows it's first branch, which they grow only for balance

Reaches adult hood at 125 years, lives to 200 years

The bloom is the state flower of Arizona

Can weigh 6 tons

No matter what activity or whom you talk to out here as soon as they find out your not from here the Saguaro is usually mentioned. So it reminded me of a poem of the Saguaro I read here maybe 6-7 years ago. It is by Ian Shamir

1. Get plenty of sunshine
2. Accentuate your strong points
3. Be patient through the dry spells
4. Conserve your resources
5. Wait for your time to bloom
6. Stay Sharp

I think I finally get it. Until next time well wishes to everyone and thanks for stopping by to visit.
Alan

10 comments:

Julie said...

Safe journey home Alan.

Vickie said...

Thanks for sharing Alan. I look forward to future posts by you. Have a safe trip home you two.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Glad you had a great time, was very enjoyable seeing your posts and you make a great cowboy. Take care, safe journey, thanks for coming and making your sister happy. Hope you both have a great future. Safe journeys not matter where you go. Big hugs from Canada.

Brigitte said...

I was reading about your adventures in Arizona. What a gorgeous time you all must have had!!!!

Vicki said...

Safe travels home and come again soon!

Shelly said...

Stay sharp! Love that! Safe travels home and hope you two will be back again in a year.

Lesley said...

I have enjoyed catching up with these interesting posts.Hope your journey home is a safe one.

cucki said...

Safe journey home Alan.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Not farewell, but au revoir!
Sage journey home. Gracie will be starting the countdown to the next visit.

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow that is amazing..... Glad you told me all that I had no idea they were so old......